TheZombieGame.com Forums
missing hours in a day - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: missing hours in a day (/Thread-missing-hours-in-a-day)

Pages: 1 2

missing hours in a day - abomination - 08-28-2011 03:33 PM

I know its not a big deal and does not detract from the game, but it has always bothered me that the sun tracker only has 20hrs on it. I always thougt that a scenario where you had to survive a complete day would be very fitting.
Does anyon know why they didn't make a 24hr suntracker.

RE: missing hours in a day - vikinglad - 08-30-2011 02:16 AM

I never thought it was meant to correspond to hours. I think it is just equal measures of some unknown amount of time. If you think about it, the amount of activity that happens in 1 step of the sun tracker would not fill up an hour; maybe 3 minutes or so. I imagine the whole game only takes about 20-30 minutes in "real game" time.

Funny observation, though. Insane20

RE: missing hours in a day - abomination - 08-30-2011 03:52 AM

I never thought of it that way. I just assumed since its called the suntracker that they represent hours like a sun dial.
thanks for the reply and insight.

RE: missing hours in a day - ArcticSnake - 09-02-2011 09:17 PM

Same here, we always kept saying things like: four more hours to go! or one more hour to daybreak!

Come to think of it, maybe the sun tracker represents the night(or day) divided into equal measures of time. I imagine each turn is probably 30 minutes which makes 20 turns around 10 game hours.
(08-30-2011 02:16 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  I never thought it was meant to correspond to hours. I think it is just equal measures of some unknown amount of time. If you think about it, the amount of activity that happens in 1 step of the sun tracker would not fill up an hour; maybe 3 minutes or so. I imagine the whole game only takes about 20-30 minutes in "real game" time.

Funny observation, though. Insane20

Poor Little Johnny, only 3 minutes pass by and his "Last Night on Earth" is over. Can't say I blame him, this is probably the first time he used that line on a real girl anyway. LOL. Zombie17

RE: missing hours in a day - abomination - 09-03-2011 03:16 AM

(09-02-2011 09:17 PM)ArcticSnake Wrote:  Poor Little Johnny, only 3 minutes pass by and his "Last Night on Earth" is over. Can't say I blame him, this is probably the first time he used that line on a real girl anyway. LOL. Zombie17

thinking of it in such a short time frame does make this card pretty humorous. damn highschool hormones.
still I think it should have 24 spaces to allow for a 24 hour survival scenario but lack of 4 numbers wont stop me though

RE: missing hours in a day - Orguss - 09-04-2011 03:10 PM

A few scenarios sound like it means a unit, not hours.

I think a 24 hour scenario would be awesome. And every 6 hours one 'fatigue' roll would be instituted to make humans weaker as the day goes on.

RE: missing hours in a day - abomination - 09-04-2011 10:44 PM

what would you have want the fatigue roll to affect.
just movement or a random stat or ability.

RE: missing hours in a day - Vacaville - 09-05-2011 01:23 AM

How about adding/subtracting an hour for daylight savings. I haven't gone through the deck yet, but I thought that would be a fun twist.

RE: missing hours in a day - Pred - 09-05-2011 02:12 AM

there's actually a card in one of the supplements that (i not sure if its hero or zombie deck) allows you to move the sun tracker back a tick after a hero dies or something. So its kinda like a day lite savings card

RE: missing hours in a day - Orguss - 09-06-2011 02:45 AM

Hmm, this is what I have in mind

24 turns
Each hero starts the game with 3 hero cards each.
21 zombie horde, zombies auto spawn

Every 6(or 8 depending on how powerful) turns, roll on the Fatigue chart

1 - Subtract one from movement, minimum 1
2 - Roll one less fight dice, minimum 1
3 - Subtract 1 to all weapon break checks, and gun break checks
4 - Doubles do not automatically kill a zombie without a weapon. Roll a d6, on a 1-2, prevent that wound.
5 - Whenever a hero would search, roll a d6 on a 1-2, cancel that search.
6 - Second wind - Heal 1 wound

Fatigue rolls are cumulative. IE: If at 18 turns left, you roll a 1, and on the 12th turn, you also rolled a 1, you would subtract 2 to all movement rolls.