TheZombieGame.com Forums
My Holiday Painting Project - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Models & Painting (/Forum-Models-Painting)
+--- Thread: My Holiday Painting Project (/Thread-My-Holiday-Painting-Project)

My Holiday Painting Project - Thraxas - 03-30-2013 04:41 AM

Hi everyone,

As I said in my other thread life (mainly work) has kept me incredibly busy for a long time. However, I now have two weeks off work and my wife is going away for 2 weeks with her sister to their brother's wedding. So I have a lot of free time with which I can paint the myriad of things I have bought and not had the time to paint them.

So I made this thread so I can put all my holiday painting in one place. I mostly like how my miniatures look when painted but once I take a picture of them they don't look as good in the picture as I think they do in real life. It shows up all the imperfections and shoddy paint work :-)

I did have a couple of things started but not finished so I finished those up first and here they are:

The first thing is the Troll King from the Hobbit game:
[Image: photo30031381630am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031381650am.jpg]

Here is my set of red zombies, which I painted in the same way as my earlier LNoE zombies:

[Image: photo30031382816am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031382318am.jpg]

[Image: photo30031382508am.jpg]

Next on my list are the Grave Weapon Zombies. I'm hoping to have all those done by Tuesday.

RE: My Holiday Painting Project - friskers96 - 03-30-2013 04:47 AM

SAAAWWEEEETTTT!!! They look great!

RE: My Holiday Painting Project - SirTommyKittens - 04-01-2013 05:21 PM

Those are amazing! The Goblin King is awesome. Watchmen02

Re: My Holiday Painting Project - zachmaio - 04-01-2013 05:47 PM

That goblin king looks really good! Keep up the good work. Look forward to sewing the rest of your stuff these next two weeks

RE: My Holiday Painting Project - samuraitrev - 04-02-2013 01:57 AM

The Zombies are pretty good. The Goblin King is on another level!

RE: My Holiday Painting Project - Thraxas - 04-02-2013 11:25 PM

Thanks everyone. I am particularly pleased with the Goblin King and I don't think I've ever spent so long painting any other miniature. Games Workshop miniatures are hugely overpriced, particularly here in Australia, but they do make some nice miniatures.

I haven't got as much painting done as I would have liked, even on holiday things crop up but I did make a start and here's what I have to show for now:

[Image: photo3041382013am.jpg]

I tried a different colour scheme for the zombie flesh on these ones, I'm not sure I like it, but I will stick with it across the whole set of grave weapon zombies. It does at the very least provide some variety.

RE: My Holiday Painting Project - samuraitrev - 04-07-2013 01:12 PM

I like the skin tones on both types of Zombie. I've enjoyed checking out your latest work and I know how time consuming it is. The results were worth it though!

Thanks for sharing your painting project.
A well earned +1 Rep Watchmen02